movie pick this semester break: Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister

|


Oh well, do not be surprised with the lady above here :). She might be "ugly" but thanks to her, her stepsister get to marry with the schmuck prince - or should I say, cute and lovely?

Emma Poole casts as Ruth Fisher in Confessions Of An Ugly Stepsister. Yes I know this is an old movie and it's taken from Gregory Maguire's novel (1999) and to be frankly, this is one of my favorite fantasy movies (besides Alice in Wonderland 2010).

Well, as you know the "real" Cinderella fairy tale tells us how bad both of the stepsisters in the tale but in here, Ruth and Iris are good stepsisters. They love Clara (Cinderella) like their own sister - except for Magarethe; the stepmother. She puts two-three drops potion into Clara's father's drink just to ensure the house belongs to her and two daughters ONLY. But in the end, she loss the game and she has to give in to Clara. All thanks to Ruth for her clumsiness at the ball :)

I do not want to be a spoiler for this classical movie and also the novel. I've been watching this movie since it was first released (2002) and till now, I love it to bit! I know the story line is a bit classical and boring but once you've read the book, you'd enjoy the movie.

Since you have three weeks to enjoy your holiday, why not grab the chance to watch the movie with your beloved siblings and family! =)



I rate the movie 3/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment